The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Kansas City Chiefs meet in Super Bowl 55 with kickoff set for Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET. Though the Bucs are the first team to ever play in a Super Bowl in their home stadium, the Chiefs will be the official home team as the representatives of the AFC. Below, we preview the Chiefs vs Buccaneers Super Bowl LV odds and lines and make our NFL picks and predictions.
Chiefs vs. Buccaneers: Super Bowl odds, spread and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated Wednesday at 9:10 p.m. ET.
- Money line: Chiefs -170 (bet $170 to win $100) | Buccaneers +140 (bet $100 to win $140)
- Against the spread/ATS: Chiefs -3.5 (-105) | Buccaneers +3.5 (-115)
- Over/Under: 56.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Special Betting Promotion!
BET $1, WIN $100 (in free bets) if the team you bet on in the Big Game wins. Offer available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. Place all of your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! Terms and conditions apply. Bet on the Big Game now!
Chiefs vs Buccaneers: Game notes
- The Chiefs are attempting to win back-to-back Super Bowls after topping the San Francisco 49ers 31-20 last year.
- Kansas City went 14-2 in the 2020 regular season and got past the Cleveland Browns (22-17) and Buffalo Bills (38-24) in the AFC playoffs.
- The Buccaneers are in The Big Game for the first time since winning Super Bowl XXXVII 48-21 against the Oakland Raiders. They’re in the playoffs for the first time since the 2007 campaign.
- Tampa Bay went 11-5 in the regular season and beat the Washington Football Team (31-23), New Orleans Saints (30-20) and Green Bay Packers (31-26) in the NFC playoffs.
- Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes, the MVP of Super Bowl LIV, completed 66.3% of his passes for 4,740 yards and 38 touchdowns against just 6 interceptions in 15 regular-season games. He has thrown for 4 TDs with zero interceptions in two playoff games.
- Buccaneers QB Tom Brady, a six-time Super Bowl champ who’s in his first season with Tampa Bay, passed for 4,633 yards and 40 touchdowns with 12 picks in the regular season. He threw for 860 yards with 7 TDs and 3 INTs in three playoff games.
- The Chiefs and Bucs met at Raymond James Stadium in Week 12 with KC winning 27-24. Mahomes threw for 462 yards and 3 touchdowns – all to WR Tyreek Hill. Brady went 27-for-41 for 345 yards with 3 TDs and 2 picks.
- Kansas City was a 1.5-point favorite against San Francisco in Super Bowl LIV. The game played to the Under on a projected total of 52.5 points.
- The Bucs defense ranked seventh in the NFL with 5.1 yards allowed per play. The Chiefs were 16th with 5.6 yards allowed per play.
- KC was 16th with 30:14 of possession per game; Tampa Bay was 21st at 28:58.
- The Buccaneers were plus-8 in the turnover margin, while the Chiefs were plus-6 with fewer takeaways and giveaways.
Chiefs vs. Buccaneers: Key injuries
- OT Eric Fisher (Achilles) out
- RB Le’Veon Bell (knee) questionable
- CB Rashad Fenton (foot) questionable
- LB Willie Gay (ankle) out
- WR Sammy Watkins (calf) questionable
- WR Demarcus Robinson (COVID-19 protocols) questionable
- C Daniel Kilgore (COVID-19 protocols) questionable
- WR Antonio Brown (knee) questionable
- LB Lavonte David (hamstring) questionable
- S Jordan Whitehead (shoulder, knee) questionable
- S Antoine Winfield Jr. (ankle) questionable